(Q) What is the difference between a Free and All-Access account?
The following features are available to free accounts:
- 2-Day Hourly Forecasts
- Favorite Mountains List
- 5-Day Hourly Forecasts
- Estimated Trail Conditions
- Offline Maps
- Current & Forecast Radar
- Wildfire Smoke Forecast Maps
- Air Quality Map
- Estimated Snow Depth Map
- Estimated 24-Hour Snowfall Map
- Cloud Cover Map
- Wind Gust Map
- Temperature Map
- Real-Time Lightning Map
- OpenSnow All-Access
That's year-round weather coverage for all of your adventures for less than a cup of coffee per month.
(Q) What is the difference between the Single and Group subscription?
- 1 Subscription
- 1 Person
- 1 Subscription
- 4 People
- $39.99/year (Save 66%)
Once you sign up for the Group plan, invite three friends or family members. They will have their own email/password and can set up their own list of favorite mountains.
(Q) How do you make your forecasts?
The forecasts on OpenSummit are updated every hour with a proprietary blend of global data from the GFS (American), GDPS (Canadian), and ICON (German) weather models, along with high-resolution data from the HRRR (American) and HRDPS (Canadian) weather models.
- Proprietary algorithm to improve the precipitation, lightning, temperature, and wind speed calculations for mountain environments.
- Provides the ability to create a forecast for any location (and elevation) to ensure that we are forecasting conditions on the mountain and not for a nearby town.
- Blending multiple global and high-resolution models increases accuracy and confidence in the forecast.
This blend of proprietary forecast data is updated every hour on OpenSummit for thousands of locations across the United States and we are adding new locations every day.
(Q) What weather forecast data is available on OpenSummit?
The weather data on OpenSummit can be viewed as hourly forecasts for the next 5 days and includes:
- Daily High & Low Temperature
- Hourly Chance of Precipitation
- Hourly Lightning Potential
- Hourly Temperature
- Hourly Wind Speed, Gust, & Direction
- Hourly Cloud Cover %
Use the links below to view the 5-day hourly weather forecast for popular locations across the United States:
Grand Canyon, Arizona
Half Dome, California
Mt. Rose, Nevada
Mt. Rainer, Washington
Pikes Peak, Colorado
Grand Teton, Wyoming
Mt. Superior, Utah
Lone Mountain, Montana
McGown Peak, Idaho
Mt. Hood, Oregon
Mt. Washington, New Hampshire