- Proprietary algorithm to improve the snow-to-liquid ratio, precipitation, lightning, temperature, and wind speed calculations for cold, mountain environments.
- Provides the ability to create a forecast for any location (and elevation) to ensure that we are forecasting conditions on the mountain and not for a nearby town.
- An improved method for calculating the snow level (elevation that separates rain from snow) to provide a more realistic forecast, especially at the beginning of storms and during times of intense snowfall.
- Blending multiple global and high-resolution models increases accuracy and confidence in the forecast.
The data can be viewed as hourly forecasts for the next 5 days or daily forecasts for the next 10 days and includes:
- Day & Night Snow Forecast
- Day & Night Snow Level
- Daily High & Low Temperature
- Hourly Chance of Precipitation
- Hourly Temperature
- Hourly Lightning Potential
- Hourly Wind Speed, Gust, & Direction
- Hourly Cloud Cover %
This new blend of proprietary forecast data is updated every hour on OpenSnow & OpenSummit for thousands of locations around the world and we are adding new locations every day.
Use the links below to view the OpenSnow 10-day snow forecast for popular ski resorts around the world:
Use the links below to view the OpenSummit 5-day hourly weather forecast for popular locations across the United States:
Grand Canyon, Arizona
Half Dome, California
Mt. Rose, Nevada
Mt. Rainer, Washington
Pikes Peak, Colorado
Grand Teton, Wyoming
Mt. Superior, Utah
Lone Mountain, Montana
McGown Peak, Idaho
Mt. Hood, Oregon
Mt. Washington, New Hampshire
Explore OpenSnow Locations → OpenSnow.com